BECOME A COACH
Criteria for Disqualification of Service
- Fails to consent to a personal criminal background search
- Is currently serving probation for any offense
- Has been incarcerated for a felony offense
- Has a felony conviction of any kind in the past seven years
- Has been convicted of any offense involving a minor
- Has been convicted of Sexual Assault, Child Abuse, or Child neglect on any level
- Has been adjudged liable for civil penalties or damages involving sexual or physical abuse of children
- Has been convicted of Terroristic Threat
- Has been twice convicted for misdemeanor offenses of any kind in the past five years.
- Has been twice convicted during the past seven years of any combination of the following:
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Misdemeanor violations of the Controlled Substance Act
- Has been subject to any court order involving any sexual abuse or physical abuse of a minor, including, but not limited to domestic order for protection.
BECOME A COACH TO BE REMEMBERED
Through the years, Cecil continued to coach our baseball, football, and basketball teams until we went to junior high. When we would come home from college to work during the summers, we formed a team in the adult softball league. It was not unusual for Cecil to show up and sit on our bench to watch us play. Suffice it to say, Cecil Venhaus made my youth sporting experience FUN!
In October 2010, my oldest daughter, who played for Canyon High School, was playing in a varsity volleyball match. Ironically, we were on the road against my hometown, Dumas. Cecil Venhaus came over to our side of the gym and sat with me during that match.
I have been the President & CEO for Kids, Incorporated since 1995. I have shared my story of Cecil Venhaus with countless coaches and volunteers. The moral of this story is so much bigger than wins and losses on the playing field or on the court. My relationship with Cecil Venhaus lasted a lifetime!
That's what YOU have the opportunity to do for children in your community. YOU have the opportunity to make a positive and lasting impression on a child, or group of children, by volunteering your time with Kids, Incorporated.
Thank you in advance for your interest in children and for offering to volunteer your time coaching kiddos. I hope you make an impact in the life of a child just like Cecil Venhaus did for me!
Call us anytime at 580-374-4332!